Ed: Dionne has written a piece about dehydration that spells out the dangers and importance of preparation. If you have any comments please leave them for us and if you’d like to contribute, please contact me. The ballot for the London marathon 2012 has been drawn and autumn marathon season is well and truly underway [...]
About Dionne AllenWith my mum as a 2.50 marathon runner and my dad a frontline commando in the British army fitness and running has always been a big part of my life; in some sense I was ‘Born to Run’! After initial early success my love and passion for the sport dissipated and I decided to take a break from running. However in my third year of studying Sport Management at the University of Birmingham I met Bud Baldaro a complete legend and guru who reignited my passion for the sport along with the amazing social vibe that came with training with the Birmingham university squad including Hatti Dean and Hannah England. In 2011 I went on a warm weather training camp to the Algarve in Portugal run by runningwithus coaches Nick Anderson and Phoebe Thomas along with Bud. Here I met some awesome people and friends for life including Simon. I have not always been the most confident of people (my twin did all the talking) but I immediately felt at home. Later that year I made a decision to join runningwithus and some of their athletes in London. I now work in Runner’s Need, Kings Cross and live with another runner of the same age who makes the perfect training partner (kind of like Mo Farrah and Galen Rupp hopefully we will be just as successful). Most of all I am loving the sport more than ever and could not be happier.
I am completely dedicated to my running and to trying to find out what I am capable of. These are some of the things I find along the way.
- Mitchell Hawkins: Hey Simon, Great post. This is the song I\'ve b...
- Justine: Hey Simon, really liked your post. I\'m sat in a c...
- Susan Zalis: We all know that sitting all day is terrible for h...
- Sports Personality of the Year… if you’re a man. November 29, 2011
- Virgin London Marathon 2014 entry opens… and slams the door on some GFA runners April 29, 2013
- When road meets trail – the intersections of two running tribes June 1, 2013
- Hold on. January 28, 2017
- These are a few of my favourite things … December 10, 2016
- Could this be a signal? LVMH (maybe) in talks to buy Rapha November 28, 2016
Adidas adiZero Alberto Salazar ASICS boost competition development featured Florence marathon flyknit half marathon injury inov-8 Kenya London 2012 London Marathon marathon marathons Marathon training Marathon world record mental preparedness Mo Farah new york marathon nick anderson Nike olympic marathon Olympics paula radcliffe PB personal best potential racing running running shoes running with us Saucony self-confidence trail running training training kit ultra marathons UTMB CCC virgin london marathon 2011 virgin london marathon 2012 VLM
Meanwhile, on Twitter...
Follow @simon_freeman on Twitter