In the second in a series of very self-indulgent posts this weekend (sorry!) I want to answer the questions: who am I competing with? Who am I measuring myself with? Who am I racing against? Watching the best of the best I watched the the women’s World Triathlon Series race that took place in Hyde [...]
Book & talk about ‘Faster: The Obsession, Science and Luck Behind the World’s Fastest Cyclists’ by Michael Hutchinson
Running is such a simple sport. The common wisdom is that all you need is a pair of shoes and enough functional clothing for the weather / legal requirements of the place you are running in. Some even argue that you don’t need shoes. Or clothes. But that is also, perhaps, one of the downsides [...]
At freestak we have recently started working with Berghaus on a campaign that will be hitting magazines and computer screens near you soon. Now that we are part of the Berghaus team, we have been included in a few things that this great British brand have been organising. One of the big ones this year [...]
I love the idea of adventure and new endurance sports. I love pushing myself as hard as I can physically. And I love the mountains. So ever since I heard about ski-touring, I have wanted to have a go. For Christmas this year, Mrs. F. and I went to Switzerland and found ourselves for a [...]
My life definitely has running at its core. But it is not the be-all-and-end-all. I also really love doing other endurance-type stuff when I get the chance (which sadly is never often enough). I love hiking, fast-packing, climbing, cross-country skiing… anything that involves strenuous exercise really! But as much as I love doing stuff myself, [...]
This blog is about running and specifically about two things: me trying to find out how good I can be as a runner hopefully helping and inspiring a few people to be the best runner they can be So why have I added a category of posts entitled ‘not running’. This is not going to [...]
- Mitchell Hawkins: Hey Simon, Great post. This is the song I\'ve b...
- Justine: Hey Simon, really liked your post. I\'m sat in a c...
- Susan Zalis: We all know that sitting all day is terrible for h...
- Sports Personality of the Year… if you’re a man. November 29, 2011
- Virgin London Marathon 2014 entry opens… and slams the door on some GFA runners April 29, 2013
- When road meets trail – the intersections of two running tribes June 1, 2013
- Hold on. January 28, 2017
- These are a few of my favourite things … December 10, 2016
- Could this be a signal? LVMH (maybe) in talks to buy Rapha November 28, 2016
Meanwhile, on Twitter...
Follow @simon_freeman on Twitter