Having taken up running to regain control over my life & to lose weight, I’ve found myself being quite emotional reading Chrissie Wellington’s amazing book and the challenges that she has overcome with regards to how she feels about her body. She says that she has reached a point now where she appreciates her body [...]
In the Guardian today, Len McCluskey has said that in an attempt to force the government to bend to the demands of public sector workers, he is going to encourage the members of his union Unite, which includes 28,000 bus drivers, to strike during the Olympics. You can read the article here. His argument seems [...]
Recently I seem to have found many angry people in my life, both professionally and personally. I find anger very disturbing and not something I can relate to at all. It seems like such a destructive and negative and illogical emotion. Someone I used to work with – who was a very, very angry man [...]
My Nan is an amazing woman – 96 years old and still going strong. In 96 years, one gets a lot of stuff done and my Nan is no exception. As a result, she knows how to do a lot of stuff. A few years ago I had returned from the shops with a fish [...]
Last night my wife and I had a little housewarming party. As was to be expected, the majority of guests were runners and at some point the conversation turned to the foibles that runners have. I joked that I store and wear all my running kit in alphabetical order by brand (I don’t, I assure [...]
There is a blog written by a dear friend of mine, Muireann Carey-Campbell, which you can find here. I really implore you to go and read it. Wait! Not yet… no, read this post first, then go and read Bang’s writing (I’m worried you might never come back!) Bangs writes wonderful posts in which she [...]
Many moons ago I started a blog about running that is now defunct. The blog was basically about me and my running and what I thought about running. It was, at the very least, a little narcissistic. Boring even. So I killed it in favour of a blog (this one) that I hope can inspire and [...]
- Mitchell Hawkins: Hey Simon, Great post. This is the song I\'ve b...
- Justine: Hey Simon, really liked your post. I\'m sat in a c...
- Susan Zalis: We all know that sitting all day is terrible for h...
- Sports Personality of the Year… if you’re a man. November 29, 2011
- Virgin London Marathon 2014 entry opens… and slams the door on some GFA runners April 29, 2013
- When road meets trail – the intersections of two running tribes June 1, 2013
- Hold on. January 28, 2017
- These are a few of my favourite things … December 10, 2016
- Could this be a signal? LVMH (maybe) in talks to buy Rapha November 28, 2016
Meanwhile, on Twitter...
Follow @simon_freeman on Twitter