The London marathon is less than three weeks away and it has really crept up on me this year. That is partly due to the fact that Freestak has been getting busier and busier and I have not been training as much as I should have been. But there you go – 13 April is [...]
At the risk of sounding like a fashion blogger (and believe me, when it comes to personal style, I am in the bottom tier of the population!) there does seem to come a point in the year when I put away my summer running gear and bring out my winter kit. It is not as [...]
Last week I was priveledged to be taken to Milan for the launch of two new lines in the ASICS extensive running range – some new apparel and a new pair of shoes. You can read my introduction to the launch and now, having had a chance to run properly in the tights and the [...]
If you are an athletics fan, then Iffley Road should be a name that evokes a sense of history and greatness, at least in middle distance running, for it was at this stadium, on 6 May 1954, that Sir Roger Bannister, ably supported by Sir Christopher Chataway and Christopher Brasher, broke the seemingly impossible 4 [...]
One of the things that I love about running is the simplicity of it – if the weather is kind, all you need is a pair of shoes, a t-shirt, shorts and a pair of socks and you are ready to go. If you want to be really comfortable you could add a cap and [...]
When I was away in France recently, I was sadly unavailable for the Brooks and Moving Comfort press party. These are great events, where Brooks’ knowledgeable and passionate team talk through all the innovations and plans for the forth-coming season. But my great friend and awesome runner Dionne Allen came to the rescue and offered [...]
I think that one of the amazing things about running is the variety of ways that an athlete can out one foot in front of another and attempt to cover an given distance as fast as possible. Whether you are a 100m sprinter or an ultra-ultra distance runner, you are a runner. And that means [...]
Disclaimer – please read this: I want to make it really clear from the very start that as the co-owner of freestak, I work for ashmei supplying social media marketing services. Stuart, the owner of ashmei, was very generous and sent me some ashmei kit to try out and run in. However this blog is [...]
Words by Ms. Dionne Allen Recently the team behind Moving Comfort, owned by Brooks, invited simonfreeman.co.uk to have a look at the latest collection of apparel and accessories for women. Wanting to provide the best possible review, it seemed logical to ask Dionne to go along and see what it was all about. Here are [...]
While I was out on my run this morning, I started thinking about how fed up I am with the weather. We have had a couple of nice days, but generally it feels as though it has been weeks and weeks since I got ready for my morning run and didn’t open the front door [...]
- Catherine Wilding: Running and racing really are two different experi...
- 2014 London Marathon Race Report by Catherine Wilding - Simon Freeman: [...] A little further back from the lead men was ...
- The Virgin Money London Marathon 2014: a personal view - Simon Freeman: [...] On Birdcage Walk I saw Catherine Wilding, a ...
- Sports Personality of the Year… if you’re a man. November 29, 2011
- Virgin London Marathon 2014 entry opens… and slams the door on some GFA runners April 29, 2013
- When road meets trail – the intersections of two running tribes June 1, 2013
- The Virgin Money London Marathon 2014: a personal view April 18, 2014
- 2014 London Marathon Race Report by Catherine Wilding April 18, 2014
- Born Free: ten years of the Nike Free April 15, 2014
Meanwhile, on Twitter...
Follow @simon_freeman on Twitter