I am happy to say, that very little annoys me when I am running. The moment I am out running my tolerance for things that would ordinarily have me drafting a “Dear Sir…” email to the editor of a national newspaper, dissipates and I am the epitome of calm. Drifting, floating, easing along. Even when [...]
I have been aware of the Good Gym for a while, although I will admit that I have not been on one of their runs yet (mainly for reasons I will get on to in a minute) but thankfully a friend of mine has been on one of their runs and was told about the [...]
I believe that to be the best runner you can be – indeed to be the best anything you can be – there are some ingredients that have to come together. In running, hard and consistent training is the first and most important one. Then there are plenty of other things like strength and conditioning [...]
One of the things that I love about running is the simplicity of it – if the weather is kind, all you need is a pair of shoes, a t-shirt, shorts and a pair of socks and you are ready to go. If you want to be really comfortable you could add a cap and [...]
I think that one of the amazing things about running is the variety of ways that an athlete can out one foot in front of another and attempt to cover an given distance as fast as possible. Whether you are a 100m sprinter or an ultra-ultra distance runner, you are a runner. And that means [...]
When I met my wife, I was an unashamed pavement-bashing flat-land runner. The less corners and hills the better as far as I was concerned. But my wife’s love of running in the mountains has started to work it’s magic and whilst I am still aching to set a new marathon PB, I also love [...]
Words by Ms. Dionne Allen Recently the team behind Moving Comfort, owned by Brooks, invited simonfreeman.co.uk to have a look at the latest collection of apparel and accessories for women. Wanting to provide the best possible review, it seemed logical to ask Dionne to go along and see what it was all about. Here are [...]
I was running a little late as I approached the new Sweatshop concept store, on Trump Street in the City of London, and as I jogged along beside the building towards the grand entrance, I glanced up to the glazed second floor and saw Nick Pearson, Managing Director, talking to a group of very fit [...]
Before I get started, I apologise for the terribly cheesy title to this review: I love thinking up snappy and catchy titles for the articles I post on here and sometimes a groan-inducing one will pop into my head. Normally I try to replace it, but in this case, it stays… so sorry about that. [...]
Tonight I stumbled upon a video called Marathon Road. Lasting just over ten minutes, this is a mini documentary, produced by Ideatap Studios, about a group of runners training for the US Olympic marathon trials race, this weekend in Houston. The reality of elite marathoning I think that the video is really well made – [...]
- steve wehrle: Myself and 14 others have all the medals! see www....
- Look and Learn for adventurous types: Nick Parks event at Berghaus - Simon Freeman: [...] So I find myself living vicariously through ...
- Simon Hart: Okay then. Garmin Forerunner 620 and a pair of Ad...
- Sports Personality of the Year… if you’re a man. November 29, 2011
- Virgin London Marathon 2014 entry opens… and slams the door on some GFA runners April 29, 2013
- When road meets trail – the intersections of two running tribes June 1, 2013
- The ultimate training package for the ultimate London Marathon? November 28, 2013
- Jingle, jangle no more: the Keybud answer to loose keys November 26, 2013
- Look and Learn for adventurous types: Nick Parks event at Berghaus November 19, 2013
Meanwhile, on Twitter...
Follow @simon_freeman on Twitter