I think that to a greater or lesser extent, all runners are creatures of habit and that is never truer than when it comes to our choice of footwear. The advice from experts and non-experts alike is often: find what works for you and then stick with it. I have friends who find a shoe [...]
In my very humble opinion, I think that Liz Yelling has all the attributes of a top coach – she has ‘been-there-done-that-and-got-the-t-shirt’, she has a really friendly way with us normal runners and none of the unnecessary airs and graces that could come with being an elite athlete, she has bags of enthusiasm, she can [...]
I like Adidas – I like the brand, I like the German-ness of the company. I like their focus on performance above all else. And I really like the products, especially the adiZero range. One of my favourite bits of kit – and I have quite a bit of kit! – is a second hand [...]
As I have admitted before I have never really run in Adidas shoes. In the case of Adidas it was a big sulk caused by a bad retail experience, the impression that Adidas shoes are too narrow for my rather wide feet and the fact that with so many other brands to try, I never [...]
First of all a confession – I haven’t ever really run in Adidas footwear before (I did have a pair when I very first started running, but I can’t really remember them and they were consigned to the bin fairly quickly after I discovered I had bought a size too small for me). The reason [...]
- Steve: Simon - your frustration is understandable but ple...
- Cyril: Great blog. I\'m looking for a \"fast\" maratho...
- Steve Fish: Great article. Paddock Wood is far flatter than...
- Sports Personality of the Year… if you’re a man. November 29, 2011
- Virgin London Marathon 2014 entry opens… and slams the door on some GFA runners April 29, 2013
- When road meets trail – the intersections of two running tribes June 1, 2013
- Hold on. January 28, 2017
- These are a few of my favourite things … December 10, 2016
- Could this be a signal? LVMH (maybe) in talks to buy Rapha November 28, 2016
Meanwhile, on Twitter...
Follow @simon_freeman on Twitter