There is only one running shoe that I have ever owned every iteration of: Saucony’s Kinvara. I was given a very, very bright pair of the first release of the Kinvara to try out – they were my first foray into a more minimalist shoe. I then bought a pair of the Kinvara 2s, based [...]
I recently met John Hutchins at an event hosted by the team behind the Brighton marathon, which involved a coaching seminar on the Saturday night and a 20km time-trial run on the Sunday morning. John, like many of the amazing runners I met on the weekend, was really friendly and happy to talk to me [...]
I’d done my run this morning (actually my wife, who, being Swiss, is genetically programmed to forgo drink, food and sleep in the presence of snow, had me out running by 7am this morning in London’s first snow this winter) and I had settled down to write a blog post or two and check what [...]
When I started running, pain was something that I understood would be inevitable, but assumed would be temporary and periodic. However as I progressed my training over the years increasing my mileage as well as the intensity of my sessions, I came to realise that pain could be a pretty constant companion. At the moment, [...]
- Bjarne: I\'ve used various Nike Free shoes for indoor and ...
- Linda Byrne: It sort of worked for me too!… Hard consistent t...
- Hannah: Couldn\'t agree more. Obviously not on a par with ...
- Sports Personality of the Year… if you’re a man. November 29, 2011
- Virgin London Marathon 2014 entry opens… and slams the door on some GFA runners April 29, 2013
- The long slow run… or is it? August 7, 2011
- Why focussing on the marathon might be the wrong thing to do May 17, 2013
- Stand and deliver… why standing all day and running go together May 15, 2013
- Nike Free 5.0+ review May 9, 2013
Meanwhile, on Twitter...
Follow @simon_freeman on Twitter