I recently met John Hutchins at an event hosted by the team behind the Brighton marathon, which involved a coaching seminar on the Saturday night and a 20km time-trial run on the Sunday morning. John, like many of the amazing runners I met on the weekend, was really friendly and happy to talk to me [...]
Don’t tell my wife, but I harbour a dream of going to Kenya for a fortnight to go running. I realise that financial considerations make the chances that I will rather remote. But I will keep that dream in my heart. It might surprise you to know that the reason I want to go to [...]
I am afraid to say that the weather is turning towards autumn. It is September and now, during early morning runs or late evening runs, there is a distinct chill in the air. It is not cold, not by a long stretch, but I am tending to find that I want to add a little [...]
This is an unabashed plug. I will take just a moment to say that this is unsolicited and in no way have I been financially incentivised to write this. But whether you believe that or not is up to you and I don’t really care – I had a really wonderful experience in a shop [...]
This weekend I ran in the 27th Firenze Marathon, in beautiful Tuscany.This is some of what I thought of the race. The weather forecast promised rain and it delivered. Man, did it deliver. I have to admit that I tend to be a cynic when it comes to weather forecasts and this isn’t inspite of [...]
- Bibi: I\'m sorry about your race Simon. It sounds like y...
- Van ‘big fat smoker’ naar marathonrenner | London by Foot: [...] met zo snel mogelijk rennen. Het maakt dus n...
- Van ‘big fat smoker’ naar marathonrenner | London by Foot: [...] hebt al verschillende marathons gelopen. Wat...
- Sports Personality of the Year… if you’re a man. November 29, 2011
- Virgin London Marathon 2014 entry opens… and slams the door on some GFA runners April 29, 2013
- The A-Z of running brands February 11, 2012
- The Endurance Life Classic Quarter – a classic case of bad preparation June 14, 2013
- When road meets trail – the intersections of two running tribes June 1, 2013
- Hot dang! An ashmei merino wool product review May 28, 2013
Meanwhile, on Twitter...
Follow @simon_freeman on Twitter