I was recently sent a pair of Nike’s latest Flyknit creation for runners – the Nike Flyknit Lunar2. This is the first Nike shoe that I have had the chance to try out for quite a while and I was excited to see if this would be the Nike shoe for me. Me and Nike [...]
Words by Mr. Terry Stephens. My friend and training partner, Terry Stephens, kindly offered to give me his thoughts on the new Nike Flyknit Racer recently. A sub-3 hour marathon runner, Terry trains and races hard, so he is the perfect man to put the fastest Flyknits through their paces. Over to you, Terry… Flyknit [...]
Since the invention of the ‘waffle’ shoe by Bill Bowerman, which was one of the things that catapulted Nike into becoming the behemoth that it is, I don’t know of many game-changing innovations in running shoe technology. Nike Air revolutionised running and other sports shoes. The development of super-strong lightweight fabrics changed the uppers of [...]
I have a playlist on my iPod that I reserve for when I need a real audio boost – EPO for the ears! On that playlist, which is made up of banging dance tunes, there is a live version of Daft Punk’s track Steam Machine. I really get a jolt when this track comes on [...]
In the last few weeks I have had the opportunity to meet a few of the Nike contingency in London, who seem to be here to coincide with the Olympics. Understandable given the number of Nike sponsored athletes competing in the Games. But Nike are also here to showcase some new products and this morning, [...]
- Steve: Simon - your frustration is understandable but ple...
- Cyril: Great blog. I\'m looking for a \"fast\" maratho...
- Steve Fish: Great article. Paddock Wood is far flatter than...
- Sports Personality of the Year… if you’re a man. November 29, 2011
- Virgin London Marathon 2014 entry opens… and slams the door on some GFA runners April 29, 2013
- When road meets trail – the intersections of two running tribes June 1, 2013
- Hold on. January 28, 2017
- These are a few of my favourite things … December 10, 2016
- Could this be a signal? LVMH (maybe) in talks to buy Rapha November 28, 2016
Meanwhile, on Twitter...
Follow @simon_freeman on Twitter