Such a perfect Day After days of torrential downpours, the skies cleared and the morning broke to brilliant sunshine in a cloudless blue sky. There was a chill in the air and the temperature was around 7 degrees. It was a perfect day on the streets of London for anyone running or indeed watching the [...]
I recently read an interesting post on Fast Company about how to get the most out of employees. I was fascinated by what the article called the three states that employees need to be in, in order to deliver the best possible results for their employer: engaged, enabled and energized. It made me think about [...]
It is not all that often that I wait with real anticipation for a book to be published. Even less common for me to pre-order it online and count the weeks and days until it will arrive, mainly due to the fact that I always have a pile of books next to my bed that [...]
I’d done my run this morning (actually my wife, who, being Swiss, is genetically programmed to forgo drink, food and sleep in the presence of snow, had me out running by 7am this morning in London’s first snow this winter) and I had settled down to write a blog post or two and check what [...]
I recently wrote about the ‘difficult’ problem that the Kenyan selectors have choosing their marathon squads for the Olympics. It might be amusing for the rest of the world to watch the Kenyan selectors squirm, but there is a serious point here – how do you pick only three when your nation has produced such [...]
Don’t tell my wife, but I harbour a dream of going to Kenya for a fortnight to go running. I realise that financial considerations make the chances that I will rather remote. But I will keep that dream in my heart. It might surprise you to know that the reason I want to go to [...]
- Liam: Simon, couldn\'t agree more! Not just applicable t...
- Simon Hart: Simon, taking a break is really not a bad thing, a...
- Ben: Going through the same challenge, race routines, t...
- Sports Personality of the Year… if you’re a man. November 29, 2011
- Virgin London Marathon 2014 entry opens… and slams the door on some GFA runners April 29, 2013
- When road meets trail – the intersections of two running tribes June 1, 2013
- You don’t want pain and suffering? Do something else then. March 8, 2014
- Gone to seed or laying fallow? March 1, 2014
- Robbie Britton and inov-8: two great things come together February 26, 2014
Meanwhile, on Twitter...
Follow @simon_freeman on Twitter