I am increasingly of the opinion that to do something really well – I mean to the absolute best of your ability – you have to focus as much of your energy on it as possible. One hundred percent of your energy if you can. And I don’t just mean physical energy – although focussing [...]
It promised to be one of the most exciting races ever. The London Marathon was to bear witness to the double Olympic Champion – Mo Farah – making his debut over the 26.2 mile distance. Ever since Mo turned up on the start line of the London Marathon in 2013 to “practice” going off with [...]
What is the London marathon, really? Is it a test of physical preparedness? Or a chance for people to show that they are mentally tough enough to deal with the training required to run 26.2 miles? Maybe it is a great way to honour a relative that has passed away and perhaps raise some money [...]
After the excitement and razzamatazz of the London marathon, there follows a somewhat unsightly scramble for places the following year. There is a ballot system in place which is capped at 125,000 entries. Once this is reached the ballot entry closes – and that usually takes a few hours to fill up – and then [...]
- Tom: You could try out a few low-key 10ks over the summ...
- Jonathan: I say go for it! Abingdon? At the end of October...
- Mitchell Hawkins: Hey Simon, Great post. This is the song I\'ve b...
- Sports Personality of the Year… if you’re a man. November 29, 2011
- Virgin London Marathon 2014 entry opens… and slams the door on some GFA runners April 29, 2013
- When road meets trail – the intersections of two running tribes June 1, 2013
- Beget: to cause or bring about. April 15, 2017
- Minimum Complexity = Maximum Results April 14, 2017
- Starting To Click April 9, 2017
Meanwhile, on Twitter...
Follow @simon_freeman on Twitter