As I get older I have a growing sense that life loops back on itself over and over again. I suspect that this is because of deeply ingrained habits that mean that no matter how hard we try, we often end up doing the same things over and over again. I also think that if [...]
I was recently at a really cool event called Write This Run – a get-together for running bloggers in Bushey Park. There were 12 speakers at the event, from inspirational characters like Mimi Anderson and Kevin Betts to a running form coach, a personal trainer, some blogging experts and Scott Overall. This post is all [...]
There are many cliches around training as to be the best runner you can be – that you can bank your training, that pain is temporary and pride is forever or that running a marathon is 90% mental
In a recent piece that I wrote for Running Fitness magazine’s October issue, I interviewed Mike McLeod – the last British man, before Mo Farah, to win a medal of any colour in an Olympic 10,000m race. I hope that you will have an opportunity to read the piece and enjoy the things that Mike [...]
Recently I posted a question on Twitter; “I love reading about running and writing on my blog. Any suggestions for what I should write about? Reviews? Training?” and I got a fairly consistent response I’d like to read about what it takes to go from simply finishing a marathon to consistently smashing them out in [...]
- Mitchell Hawkins: Hey Simon, Great post. This is the song I\'ve b...
- Justine: Hey Simon, really liked your post. I\'m sat in a c...
- Susan Zalis: We all know that sitting all day is terrible for h...
- Sports Personality of the Year… if you’re a man. November 29, 2011
- Virgin London Marathon 2014 entry opens… and slams the door on some GFA runners April 29, 2013
- When road meets trail – the intersections of two running tribes June 1, 2013
- Hold on. January 28, 2017
- These are a few of my favourite things … December 10, 2016
- Could this be a signal? LVMH (maybe) in talks to buy Rapha November 28, 2016
Meanwhile, on Twitter...
Follow @simon_freeman on Twitter