Last year I was lucky enough, through the business I co-own, to work on the inaugural City of London Mile race – a one mile hurtle around the streets in the Square Mile, starting and finishing in the shadow of St Pauls Cathederal. Now I will come clean and say that I am not [...]
I have a theory that if you want to run a fast time in a race, then you really should find a race with as many other fast runners as possible. I am just reading the new book by Malcolm Gladwell, called David and Goliath and in that he talks about the idea that very [...]
It was my birthday a while ago and my aunt sent me one of those gently amusing cards that cause very little offence or mirth. Here it is… But it got me thinking about how all too often, achieving a goal can become a daunting exercise over over-whelming complexity. I know it was for my [...]
I don’t think I raced enough in 2012.
This is my race report from the Cabbage Patch 10 Miler (in addition to the review that I wrote for Men’s Running that you can read here). This is an important race in my calendar, as it acts as the Mornington Chasers‘ club championship race – the first man and woman home in each age [...]
I have a confession: I sometimes cause myself quite a lot of stress trying to keep too many people happy. That often involves trying to be in too many places at once or rushing from one event to another with no hope of successfully getting to everything. I am sure I am not alone in [...]
- Steve: Simon - your frustration is understandable but ple...
- Cyril: Great blog. I\'m looking for a \"fast\" maratho...
- Steve Fish: Great article. Paddock Wood is far flatter than...
- Sports Personality of the Year… if you’re a man. November 29, 2011
- Virgin London Marathon 2014 entry opens… and slams the door on some GFA runners April 29, 2013
- When road meets trail – the intersections of two running tribes June 1, 2013
- Hold on. January 28, 2017
- These are a few of my favourite things … December 10, 2016
- Could this be a signal? LVMH (maybe) in talks to buy Rapha November 28, 2016
Meanwhile, on Twitter...
Follow @simon_freeman on Twitter