This time last year, in a fit of anger about what I, and many other people saw as the sexist and non-representative shortlist for the BBC Sports Personality of the Year awards, I created my own awards… the Running and Endurance Sports Performance of the Year awards or the RESPYs. If you have been reading [...]
As regular readers will know, the Running and Endurance Sports Performance of the Year awards were born out of my own personal frustration with the BBCs Sports Personality of the Year awards shortlist. You can read why I was so annoyed and how the RESPYs nominations poured in here. Little [...]
Tonight is the BBCs Sports Personality of the Year awards show, live from Salford Quays, Manchester. I can confidently predict that a man will win the award and that the odds are that it will be a golfer… or Mark Cavendish. I think that the chances are that I will be disappointed in the award [...]
From an inauspicious start, which was simply me spluttering my tea as I read the shortlist for the BBCs Sports Personality of the Year award and deciding to do something to redress that nonsense, the Running and Endurance Sports Performance of the Year awards or the RESPYs seem to have taken on a life all [...]
- Bjarne: I\'ve used various Nike Free shoes for indoor and ...
- Linda Byrne: It sort of worked for me too!… Hard consistent t...
- Hannah: Couldn\'t agree more. Obviously not on a par with ...
- Sports Personality of the Year… if you’re a man. November 29, 2011
- Virgin London Marathon 2014 entry opens… and slams the door on some GFA runners April 29, 2013
- The long slow run… or is it? August 7, 2011
- Copenhagen marathon 2013: my race review May 23, 2013
- Why focussing on the marathon might be the wrong thing to do May 17, 2013
- Stand and deliver… why standing all day and running go together May 15, 2013
Meanwhile, on Twitter...
Follow @simon_freeman on Twitter