I don’t think I raced enough in 2012.
I was recently offered the opportunity to try out a pair of Brooks’ new Ravennas – the third incarnation. I took the opportunity to ask a friend and training partner if he’d like to try them out and this is what he had to say… Once in a while you find a shoe you really [...]
As I stood on the start line of the London marathon this year, I couldn’t help feeling a pang of fear. Obviously there was the usual butterflies associated with the desire to do my best, the knowledge that pain was inevitable, the worry that maybe I should have done more or eaten less or worn [...]
I believe that one of the keys to unlocking success in the marathon, is training in a way that makes running at target marathon pace feel easy. Obviously there is a requirement to train for endurance, but the more that we can make marathon pace feel ‘easy’ the more likely we are to avoid crashing [...]
Ed: Dionne has written a piece about dehydration that spells out the dangers and importance of preparation. If you have any comments please leave them for us and if you’d like to contribute, please contact me. The ballot for the London marathon 2012 has been drawn and autumn marathon season is well and truly underway [...]
Recently I posted a question on Twitter; “I love reading about running and writing on my blog. Any suggestions for what I should write about? Reviews? Training?” and I got a fairly consistent response I’d like to read about what it takes to go from simply finishing a marathon to consistently smashing them out in [...]
Don’t tell my wife, but I harbour a dream of going to Kenya for a fortnight to go running. I realise that financial considerations make the chances that I will rather remote. But I will keep that dream in my heart. It might surprise you to know that the reason I want to go to [...]
In running terms minimalism is the new black. Everyone is talking about it and many, many runners are now trying out footwear with less and less… well, less everything really. From standard footwear that is being de-engineered to have fewer bells-and-whistles to the thinnest, lightest foot-coverings (I hesitate to call things like the Vibram FiveFinger [...]
I am not sure when I first heard about the long slow run (though I suspect it was from my best friend who gave up the party lifestyle that we both were involved in and started running about a year before I followed suit), but as I was always clear that my focus was going [...]
Last year I went away with a group of the athletes that are coached by my coach Nick Anderson and his colleagues at RunningWithUs, for a week’s warm weather training in Portugal. You can read about the week here. The week was wonderful for a whole host of reasons – great weather, double days every [...]
- Bibi: I\'m sorry about your race Simon. It sounds like y...
- Van ‘big fat smoker’ naar marathonrenner | London by Foot: [...] met zo snel mogelijk rennen. Het maakt dus n...
- Van ‘big fat smoker’ naar marathonrenner | London by Foot: [...] hebt al verschillende marathons gelopen. Wat...
- Sports Personality of the Year… if you’re a man. November 29, 2011
- Virgin London Marathon 2014 entry opens… and slams the door on some GFA runners April 29, 2013
- The A-Z of running brands February 11, 2012
- The Endurance Life Classic Quarter – a classic case of bad preparation June 14, 2013
- When road meets trail – the intersections of two running tribes June 1, 2013
- Hot dang! An ashmei merino wool product review May 28, 2013
Meanwhile, on Twitter...
Follow @simon_freeman on Twitter