In the second in a series of very self-indulgent posts this weekend (sorry!) I want to answer the questions: who am I competing with? Who am I measuring myself with? Who am I racing against? Watching the best of the best I watched the the women’s World Triathlon Series race that took place in Hyde [...]
I was recently invited by adidas to join them at the Westminster Mile and run the race alongside a bunch of other blogger and journalists. They then introduced a twist. I’ll come to that in a moment. Me? I’m NOT a miler Now I have not run a race for a very, very long time. [...]
I have long been a fan of inov-8. And not just the shoes, though it is worth saying that I think their shoes are ace and since I tried on a pair of the Road-X 233s I realised how much more there is to the inov-8 range than just trail shoes. But also what I [...]
At the moment I am having a great time in Chamonix, spending time running in the mountains and exploring all the trails on offer. Just before I left to come out here, the lovely folk at Saucony UK sent me a pair of their Peregrine 2s to go running in and I recorded a video [...]
A couple of weeks ago my Nan – the wonderful Nellie – passed away. She was 97 years old. I was very, very sad and despite her amazing age, it came as quite a shock. Born in 1915, my Nan has seen an awful lot and was an amazingly supportive, wise and thoughtful woman – [...]
Snowboarders vs. skiers… Twenty20 vs. 5 day test matches… road cyclists vs. mountain bikers… ping-pong vs. table tennis
Disclaimer – please read this: I want to make it really clear from the very start that as the co-owner of freestak, I work for ashmei supplying social media marketing services. Stuart, the owner of ashmei, was very generous and sent me some ashmei kit to try out and run in. However this blog is [...]
In the last two weeks, I have run two marathons. That makes it three marathons since 21 April, i.e. five weeks ago. And I have learned from all of them. But the lessons have been very different, certainly between the first marathon and the last two. The first marathon this spring was the London marathon [...]
This morning, as I was sitting eating breakfast, a thought popped into my head about the nature of competition. My wife had cooked eggs and we were eating them with slices of gruyere cheese. But not any old gruyere cheese – award winning gruyere. My wife is Swiss, so when we do have cheese from [...]
- Sérgio Pontes: Hi, Im also new to the boost of \"adidas boost\...
- Neil Russell-Bates: I agree with your comments here. I recently enter...
- Charlesr: Only people like Paul Giblin (@pyllon) are allowed...
- Sports Personality of the Year… if you’re a man. November 29, 2011
- Virgin London Marathon 2014 entry opens… and slams the door on some GFA runners April 29, 2013
- When road meets trail – the intersections of two running tribes June 1, 2013
- adidas Ultra Boost review: are they really that good? March 12, 2015
- Book review: The Way Of The Runner by Adharanand Finn March 11, 2015
- A life-changing amount of money (for some) March 11, 2015
Meanwhile, on Twitter...
Follow @simon_freeman on Twitter