Last week I was the lucky recipient of a new pair of Saucony’s Triumph 10s
A while ago, the good people at ASICS invited me to go to Berlin with them for the launch of the new Gel Lyte 33 shoe. Unfortunately work commitments meant that I couldn’t go, but my friend and collaborator Catherine Wilding was able to take my place and enjoy some Germanic hospitality. Her write up [...]
There is only one running shoe that I have ever owned every iteration of: Saucony’s Kinvara. I was given a very, very bright pair of the first release of the Kinvara to try out – they were my first foray into a more minimalist shoe. I then bought a pair of the Kinvara 2s, based [...]
In running terms minimalism is the new black. Everyone is talking about it and many, many runners are now trying out footwear with less and less… well, less everything really. From standard footwear that is being de-engineered to have fewer bells-and-whistles to the thinnest, lightest foot-coverings (I hesitate to call things like the Vibram FiveFinger [...]
It is commonly said that the opening of a book is the most crucial thing that the author will write. I have found that to be true; in every great book I have read the opening lines have been captivating and exciting. That is absolutely true of Christopher McDougall’s book Born to Run which I [...]
I read today that my favourite brand of running shoe, ASICS, plans to launch a $60 dollar shoe in the US in the near future, as part of its programme to double sales by 2015. This story, which seems to have made more of an impact in the business pages than the running forums, interested [...]
- Run Dabblers: 3:48 is still a great time for Charlie! We are pla...
- Copenhagen marathon 2013: my race review - Simon Freeman: [...] my big target race this spring was the Virgi...
- Bjarne: I\'ve used various Nike Free shoes for indoor and ...
- Sports Personality of the Year… if you’re a man. November 29, 2011
- Virgin London Marathon 2014 entry opens… and slams the door on some GFA runners April 29, 2013
- The long slow run… or is it? August 7, 2011
- Gold medal or Palme d’Or? Why running form is less important than running more. May 25, 2013
- Copenhagen marathon 2013: my race review May 23, 2013
- Why focussing on the marathon might be the wrong thing to do May 17, 2013
Meanwhile, on Twitter...
Follow @simon_freeman on Twitter