For many people in the UK, the 1500m is a race that had its heyday with Coe, Ovett and Cram. After them – after Peter Rono put an end to Great British dominance of this event in the Olympic final in 1988 – the 1500m sort of lost its shine. But I think that this [...]
A two part review of Pat Butcher’s book The Perfect Distance In this review, Michael Shelton took the time to review the book that takes an in-depth look at the rivalry between Sebastian Coe and Steve Ovett and ultimately resulted in such spectacular races in the late 1970′s and early 1980′s. Having read the book [...]
Inspiration from ‘The Perfect Distance’ by Pat Butcher I have just finished reading Pat Butcher’s excellent book on the golden era of British middle distance running “The Perfect Distance. Ovett & Coe: the record breaking rivalry” (published by Phoenix and available here). I’ll write a specific review of the book soon, but in the mean [...]
The Olympic Games are coming to London. In just over 300 days. And there is an increasing amount of opinion being spouted about whether London will deliver a great Games, deliver on the medal expectations and deliver on the legacy, the promise of which went some way to winning the opportunity to host the Games [...]
- steve wehrle: Myself and 14 others have all the medals! see www....
- Look and Learn for adventurous types: Nick Parks event at Berghaus - Simon Freeman: [...] So I find myself living vicariously through ...
- Simon Hart: Okay then. Garmin Forerunner 620 and a pair of Ad...
- Sports Personality of the Year… if you’re a man. November 29, 2011
- Virgin London Marathon 2014 entry opens… and slams the door on some GFA runners April 29, 2013
- When road meets trail – the intersections of two running tribes June 1, 2013
- The ultimate training package for the ultimate London Marathon? November 28, 2013
- Jingle, jangle no more: the Keybud answer to loose keys November 26, 2013
- Look and Learn for adventurous types: Nick Parks event at Berghaus November 19, 2013
Meanwhile, on Twitter...
Follow @simon_freeman on Twitter