Recently Michael Shelton went from marathoner to ultra-marathoner when he tackled his first race over the classic 26.2 mile distance. He was kind enough to share his thoughts with me on a number of subjects, from nutrition to reasons for running an ultra. In this, his first post, he writes about the things to consider [...]
In the latest edition of Outdoors Fitness magazine, there is an interview with the person dubbed the fittest man alive – Dean Karnazes. Now please don’t think for one minute that I am going to be disparaging about Dean and all he has done and continues to do. But I recently bridged the psychological gap [...]
I love reading (especially now that I am trying as much as possible to leave my laptop in the lounge when I go to bed – one of the most important steps to getting a good nights sleep is the lack of too much iStimulus in the bedroom) and my two favourite subjects are running [...]
- Tom: You could try out a few low-key 10ks over the summ...
- Jonathan: I say go for it! Abingdon? At the end of October...
- Mitchell Hawkins: Hey Simon, Great post. This is the song I\'ve b...
- Sports Personality of the Year… if you’re a man. November 29, 2011
- Virgin London Marathon 2014 entry opens… and slams the door on some GFA runners April 29, 2013
- When road meets trail – the intersections of two running tribes June 1, 2013
- Beget: to cause or bring about. April 15, 2017
- Minimum Complexity = Maximum Results April 14, 2017
- Starting To Click April 9, 2017
Meanwhile, on Twitter...
Follow @simon_freeman on Twitter