I don’t think I raced enough in 2012.
Like many people, I suppose, I started running to lose weight and keep fit. Somewhere in my cortex was the nagging feeling that I really shouldn’t live such a sedentary life: out of bed, sit down for breakfast, walk to the car or the tube and sit down on my commute to the office… where [...]
Such a perfect Day After days of torrential downpours, the skies cleared and the morning broke to brilliant sunshine in a cloudless blue sky. There was a chill in the air and the temperature was around 7 degrees. It was a perfect day on the streets of London for anyone running or indeed watching the [...]
I first met Ben at the Hackney Marshes ParkRun where it became immediately obvious that we were quite evenly matched. At the time I was living in Hackney so Ben and I were neighbours and ended up running the same races a few times. I was immediately and really hugely impressed by Ben’s level of [...]
As I stood on the start line of the London marathon this year, I couldn’t help feeling a pang of fear. Obviously there was the usual butterflies associated with the desire to do my best, the knowledge that pain was inevitable, the worry that maybe I should have done more or eaten less or worn [...]
I’d done my run this morning (actually my wife, who, being Swiss, is genetically programmed to forgo drink, food and sleep in the presence of snow, had me out running by 7am this morning in London’s first snow this winter) and I had settled down to write a blog post or two and check what [...]
Today London got what seems like its annual dump of snow. Quite a large amount of snow and certainly more than in previous years from what I can remember. And this year, in deference to all the rat-racers and school children, the snow had the good grace to come at the weekend. But for us [...]
- Liam: Simon, great piece. Firstly I\'d like to say how d...
- simon: I have got one of the Howies \"Work Hard, Run Home...
- matt: I like the Howies \"Work Hard, Run Home\" shirt. N...
- Sports Personality of the Year… if you’re a man. November 29, 2011
- Virgin London Marathon 2014 entry opens… and slams the door on some GFA runners April 29, 2013
- When road meets trail – the intersections of two running tribes June 1, 2013
- My problem with the use of the word ‘brutal’. November 18, 2014
- Avoiding a doping problem in marathon running? Might be too late. November 16, 2014
- The cult of Bill November 10, 2014
Meanwhile, on Twitter...
Follow @simon_freeman on Twitter